Monsters and Moolah

Today after I got the kids up from naps, I took the opportunity to clean their bathroom. Yippee. It is a Jack and Jill so they share the toilet. I know, poor Julia. Who knows what goes on in there bacterially speaking? Anyway, Julia went on downstairs to see Jeff and Brighton stayed to talk. Love that about him. As I was cleaning the big white Petri dish, he announced, “God is with me ALL THE TIME!” This new realization is important to him right now since his imagination conjures up all sorts of hooey. Matching his enthusiasm, I said, “You are right, Brighton. Isn’t that just the neatest thing?” “Yes, Momma. That means if when I am in the bed at night when it is dark outside and I look under the covers and I see the pink eyes that I see in the dark and I am scared, God will come in my room and get that monster and take him and ‘thwow’ him in the “Twinity Twail” water and he will be gone forever and I won’t see his pink eyes under my covers in the dark anymore!!” Amen.
Later (and totally unrelated), as he opened his belated birthday card from PaPaw and Nana, Jeff made a big deal over the check so he ran over to me waving it in the air. I said something about how fun it would be to spend it, trying to help him understand the excitement regarding the rectangular piece of paper his grandparents had sent. In the midst of looking at the card and reading the card, Jeff put the check in his pocket. Once Brighton realized it was out of sight, he started asking, “Where’s my ‘spend it’? Where’s my ‘spend it’?” I could completely relate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sweet story. I'm wondering where my spend it is, too!

Popular Posts