Yielded

6 days before my 37th birthday this pharmacist trained stay at home mom will don her imaginary wooden apple necklace and tackle her first day of homeschooling. (My fingers even have hard time typing ‘homeschooling’. Microsoft Word spell check doesn’t even know what it is!) I awakened early with the same butterflies that had been fluttering all weekend. I have washed my face and tried to concentrate on a couple of passages of Scripture. I reviewed one verse in a new context-- James 3:17 The wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. If only I could impart this sort of wisdom to Julia…

Last week, I decided to start reading the Old Testament—from the back. I have started so many times from the front so those books are well worn paths in my heart and mind. However, when I am in the minor prophets, I feel like I am in some remote part of East Asia or IKEA maybe. As I was reading through Zephaniah—actually now that I have looked, Zechariah (see??), I came upon the well known phrase ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit’ says the Lord Almighty.” (4:6) Well, there’s my verse for this new undertaking. Plain and straightforward but nothing simple about it in my opinion. I truly don’t want any of my power nor especially any of my might to be behind this precious time I am setting aside for my eager to learn/ eager to please 5 year old who today is now a kindergartener! May I allow His Spirit to do this work He clearly called me to do 6 months ago.

For a girl who likes to be ahead of the game, I am starting very late. I don’t like feeling behind, in anything, so waiting has been hard. This is our first day at home without Brighton who will spend the morning with the whimsical Mrs. Windsor at Tree Frog school. Jeff (and I) thought it was important to start the first day with just Julia and me.
So right now it’s T minus 75 minutes. I am excited. I am nervous. I am sad. I am thrilled. I am yielded.

Comments

Anonymous said…
read it, love it blake

Popular Posts