Sweet Chirps


After dropping off Brighton at Tree Frog school, Julia and I were on our way home to begin our school day, when she said, “I love this time.” My feel-good emotions rushed and I said, “What, honey?” wanting to hear it again and to make sure I heard every word. “I love this time with you right now,” she said again. I am thinking, wow, this is getting sweeter by the second, so as any good parent would, I continued to explore her little mind and said, “Why?” expecting words that would have the potential to carry this mom for a few days. That familiar thinking look spread over her cute face and she said, “Well, you know, Brighton is just a ‘talk bird’.” Yes, 'talk bird'. I don’t know where she came up with that description, but I knew exactly what she meant. Just in case I didn’t, she explained further, “When Brighton is with us, I don’t get to say NEAR as much as I want to because he talks ALL THE TIME!” (Emphasis hers!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts