Nashville Birthday Getaway



Sometime in the summer, Jeff saw some really cheap airfares come through on Southwest and in an hour or so, we had tickets to Nashville "for my birthday"!  It was "for my birthday" but it was also for "Jeff just wants to get out of town"!  I wasn't homeschooling in the fall so I think we both acted upon thinking I'd have all of this free time and my leaving town during the week wouldn't be a big deal..... Well, thanks to a BUNCH of people, our kids were well taken care of and got to and from while we left town.  I did learn it's not my favorite to be out of town during the school session and I think I will reserve that for "musts" or "once in a lifetime celebrations"-- not just a getaway.  However, looking back on it, I am glad we went-- of course!

We have friends who lived there just a few years ago and she outlined some really fun, local places for us to check out.  And basically that is all we did.  




There was more to Pinewood Social than this vintage bowling alley.  It is a restaurant as well with a big living room feel.  Dozen Bakery sold their yummies there.  They offer bocce ball and dipping pools flanked with an Airstream to serve up more yummies.





Mas Tacos did not disappoint but I am struggling to find any taco that rivals Velvet Taco's #3!



So this was my birthday treat. That's all I am going to say about that.


Is this not the cutest thing??  If I had had somewhere to PUT the flowers I would have absolutely bought some!


We visited the Frothy Monkey locations a few times for our multi-daily coffee.


And this one was a little to high brow for us.  Barista Parlor.  We honestly didn't even know what to order.  They specialized in pour overs and their menu was just complicated for people like us who had never been there..... The thing we don't love about pour overs is the coffee just doesn't seem to stay hot very long.  It was a unique experience in a very swanky setting.



We hit the car show our last day.  I wish I knew more about them-- and whatever this one is-- but I don't.  I just know we saw some really rare and expensive cars.

Grateful to be able to do these things and more grateful that Jeff and I enjoy doing it together.  He is always up for adventure and seems to be always up for dragging me along when I get in that "drag me along" mood.  Jeff is the perfect travel companion because he's never in a hurry and up for really anything.  Hoping for many more fun trips with him!


But this is my favorite birthday-- back home with expressions of love from Jeff, Julia and Brighton.  What can really beat this??

Comments

Popular Posts