What's This Here White Stuff Called?

What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't post snow pictures? I haven't read the news, seen the paper or even looked on the internet but we've got lots of snow here! When I look outside, it's hard to believe in just a few short months we will be hitting triple digit temperatures and craving Sonic drinks every afternoon. We awakened to this coating of white and it hasn't stopped falling from the white masses above.

As most Texans or Southerners, in general, we aren't equipped with the right wardrobe for these every three to four year spills of snow. There is no option of matching or looking cute. You just put on layers and hope for the best. Keeping Julia and Brighton warm and dry was impossible so every time they came in, a change of clothes was needed. I now see how handy a mudroom/mudspace can be and how mine is NOT. Bad location. There were puddles inside my front door all through the day.

The kids had fun in spite of near frost bitten fingers and wet feet. The highlight was getting to throw snowballs at Jeff and helping him (watching him) build a tremendous snowman!

Snow is still falling. Morning should be beautiful.



Don't miss our cowboy's gun on the left.



Our smallest helper.......

I love this view of the trees in the spring so now I have this to look forward to if it ever snows again!
















Comments

tanya said…
Beautiful pictures! SO happy to see little E enjoying the snow with your sweet family! Thanks for sharing!
Sarah said…
You are all obviously snow amateurs. You need to come up here and see how it's done! :) Now do you see why the fact that my mudroom is my living room has all but given me hives?
It is bizarre to see pics of familiar Fort Worth places covered in snow. Great pictures.
Joyce said…
I'm green (with envy)! The pictures are beautiful and the children look like they are having a blast. Great snowman! Let's hope we get even half as much today.
Alyssa said…
Beautiful new background and beautiful snow pictures! What a way to start my Friday! I love that Gabe helped too!
Erica said…
Those are absolutely fantastic photos. I love the snow man. I think I need to take a drive up to DFW!!
nikki said…
wonderful pictures!! so fun!! you're a star behind the lens- for real!!

Popular Posts