Yeehaw


We were at Joe T’s the other night with a dear friend and, as she said, with the rest of Fort Worth. It had been one of those completely wonderful Saturdays when the sky was almost turquoise, a cool breeze was blowing and the sun was warm and bright. With visions of enjoying fine Mexican fare while sitting out on the lush never-ending patio, we drove up and our hopes were immediately dashed. The line was at least 2 blocks long and 5 people wide. Sadly and I do mean sadly, we resigned ourselves to a table inside which is altogether a different experience than outside. We ordered from the two things on the menu—enchiladas or fajitas served family-style. When the mariachis found out it was Brighton’s birthday, they serenaded our table with a traditional Mexican birthday song. B had no idea he was the man of the minute. Our friend had made one of those heavenly Texas Sheet cakes in honor of his birthday so after dinner we happily pounced on the fudge-like cake. Needless to say, the kids were beside themselves getting to eat chips, drink something besides water and now CAKE! Julia began swinging her arm around over her head where her brown curls have all but disappeared. With an impressive sizeable grin FULL of chocolate she announced, “This cake is so good it makes me want to rope a cow!” So there you have it--straight from my little Cajun Cowgirl. Giddy-up!

Comments

Dondra said…
That is great! It made me laugh :)
Sweet Julia!
Alyssa said…
I guess riding the horse at the retreat this past weekend gave her the "bug" to be a cowgirl??? I can't say that I know what it feels like to want to rope a cow. Guess I need some chocolate sheet cake!
Raechelle Ivy said…
ROPE A COW????!!!!?????!!!! That is hysterical!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I want some of that cake!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Now that's my kind of girl! Rodeo queen here she comes!

Popular Posts