Fair Phrases

What kind of blogging mother would I be if I didn’t post something about our trip to the State Fair of Texas? It is the only trip Julia remembers and it was Brighton’s first visit of many more to come.

Most repeated phrases/words:
“What’s THAT, Mommy?”
“I want to see Big Tex again.”
“Can I ride that?”

"Stay close!"
“Can I ride that again?”

"No."
“I want a race car.”

"We don't have time."
"Can we go in there?"
"Why is Big Tex so tall?"
"Too many tickets."
“I want one of those.”
“Why not?”

And my favorite...
“Can we come back tomorrow?”

Noteworthy for me from J and B:
B-“When the sun goes down and it is dark outside and all these people go home, where will Big Tex sleep?”
B-“I don’t want to ride the girl ‘fang’! I want to ride the boy ‘fang’!” (How does one learn such gender specificity, not to mention Southern slang, at such a young age?)
B- referring to the Fair as the ‘big building’.
J-“Why aren’t you talking to all the people talking to you?” (on the Midway)

Things they won’t forget:
The Ferris Wheel
Dancing dogs
Julia helping the Italian Juggler
First funnel cake
Julia riding the big swing ride
The Bird Show

Sticky cotton candy
First roller coaster ride

Things I won’t forget:
Brighton’s expression when he was shown how to milk a cow
Being 48 tickets lighter after our first ride
The perfect weather we had

Losing B for 5 seconds
Realizing Jeff had “Fair skills” (Thanks for coining the term, T!)
Leaving the hand sanitizer in the car
Our trip to THE picnic table
The looks on their faces all day long

I feel like now I should write ‘and for everything else there is MasterCard', but I won’t.


(Click to enlarge. If you are Papaw, Nana, Doodle or Meema, her face is worth it!)

Comments

Joyce said…
What a fun day! Would have loved to share it with you but then it's fun to make memories all by yourselves sometimes too. Mom
Krista Sanders said…
Mom,I don't think the Fair holds a candle to Camp NaNa and Papaw!
nikki said…
so fun!! i love the pic of big tex and julia on the swing!!
Anonymous said…
I love the pic of Julia on the swing!!!
THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!
TJ Wilson said…
Pictures really are worth a thousand - or more - words. Yet another fantastic Sanders tradition.
Darren Thomas said…
Last time I went to the fair with my kids I turned green on the Bumble Bee ride. :(
Anonymous said…
Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Popular Posts