January Things


{A few January things I don't want to forget...}



The only picture I took when we got away to pray after the New Year.  Jeff is faithful to get us out of town if for just 24 hours to refocus and put our weaknesses, needs and gratitude before the Father.  And don't think I didn't make this night of sleep on a futon a matter of prayer.  I was amazed they made it through the night.  Sharing a bed has been a potential vacation ruin-er for us.


Well, they tried REALLY hard.  It was fun to make it to the National Championship even if we lost it.  The interview of the Alabama quarterback made the loss a LITTLE easier but the Thompson guy needed a old fashioned spanking and a firm sit down.  Goodness.  Thanks to my friends who came over to WATCH football and witness my pacing.  You were the perfect distraction.  My favorite moment was when ALL the kids came running down the stairs near the end when we thought the tide had turned.


Julia landed on her head at cheer practice one night and was diagnosed with a concussion.  Crazy-- all that.  So....... after sitting out of practice and then being cleared by her doctor, she had to do 3 days of "return to play" drills at school.  The last day was run 3 miles and 400 yards of wind sprints.  We did it together because like Julia told me YEARS ago-- almost anything is fun when you do it together.








We took the kids ice skating to stretch our break-- or get out of the house.  Which one?  Grateful for friends who are up for almost anything and we missed the gals who couldn't make it happen!



Julia's first cheer competition and so glad we had the Wilson girls for support.  Hmm... wondering if Basden will try out or not....


The days are flying by.  Grateful for the days or nights we are all at home together.  Time won't slow down.  No matter what I say. And I haven't even told you she turned 16 this month....

Comments

Popular Posts