Sailing {Birthdays with Jeff}


No husband is perfect.  I won’t belabor that fact.  HOWEVER, Jeff pretty much hits the mark when he gets it in his mind to celebrate someone.  I seem to be his favorite person.  This year for my 45th birthday he took me sailing.  At sunset.  With a yummy dinner and a gooey dessert to follow.  Just the two of us-- and of course, the sailboat man because we didn’t have a clue how to, you know, SAIL.  We learned a lot though--  our captain was an instructor and gave us just enough information to make it interesting.  We weren’t there as students.  We were there to enjoy his gift and that sunset. 




  I don’t know how we made it through the night without a picture of us together but alas, we did, and I regret it.  



As you can see, it was a beautiful night.  I am grateful for Jeff making these days special.  He is way better at interrupting the “regularly scheduled programming to bring you....”  always something really wonderful and a GREAT memory.  Thank you, Jeff.  I am blessed to be celebrated by you.  I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts