In the Moment




We just got in from Atlanta last night from Jeff’s oldest niece’s wedding.  She was our flower girl.  Time is marching on, folks.  At a good clip.  I have pictures to share-- of course-- but I’ll have to do that later.  There are many things I keep putting off until “next Tuesday”.  I’d like about 14 of those, please.

House building has been full of surprises the last few weeks.  The electricians showed up three days early to hang all the lighting.  We’ve been purchasing lighting for about a year so you can imagine how spread out it was, how deep it was buried and how well I had hidden the newest ones in the rental house.  My kids had already done half of their school in the car-- NOT ideal-- to make a tile run and then I had to leave them at home to finish school for the rest of the afternoon to help Jeff round up all of our fixtures.  Not the best home school day.

We are shooting for November 1st -- and it’s a grand goal, but we Sanders aren’t known for doing things the easy way.  Last week, we began referring to our rental house as a storage facility.  With a made bed.  It’s the only hint of civilization in the whole house.  How we hope we can make 11/1.

So here’s what’s on my mind...... besides 11/1....

All the help I am going to have to ask for.... why is that such an issue for many of us?

Finishing that pantry door

That the rental house and surrounding area is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better {our poor neighbors are being so gracious and patient-Thank You, S!!!  When you come for a visit to our new house, you won’t believe how contained we can be!}

A vapor of a memory that Jeff said the landlord wanted to photograph the house on  Thursday...... {this does not compute- I won’t allow it to compute}

That I need to buy some food--- and possibly cook it

That if Brighton’s football team wins Saturday, they play at Cowboy Stadium the next Saturday

How thankful I am for trail mix  {Can one live off trail mix?}

Under-sink water filtration systems and how Lowe’s just completely out shined Home Depot in the phone calls I made just a few minutes ago

An email came from Julia’s small group leader with topics the {6th grade} girls had said they wanted to discuss-- a word on the list caught my attention for reasons unknown to me, of course..... SARCASM.  {Siblings was on the list too but that’s not my problem.  And neither is sarcasm.}

Letting Margo Dean know today if Julia will take part in the holiday special in December

Bible study-- I’ve got some catching up to do in Romans

“We have moved, new address, Merry Christmas” cards

Finishing up the last session of discipleship with Mrs. Horton before she leaves for India

Keeping up with school in the craziness-- and what motivates my kids to take some responsibility

B’s 10th birthday party right around the corner

The State Fair this week-- our children would disown us if we blew off that tradition

Making a caramel cake for that sweet boy’s birthday

How grateful I am for B’s teacher and how she has helped us through some administrative hitches--- and how to avoid those hitches later, even this week

Last--- and this is extra-- the conversation beside me, as I sit and wait for a friend to pick me up to head to a funeral, is about dogs.  It took me a while because I seriously thought they were talking about their kids or grandkids.  Dogs and behavior. Stress.  Dogs and consequences.  Anxiety.  Dogs and sonograms.  Neutered and non- neutered.  Other dogs influences.  Negotiables and non-negotiables.  And I quote, “It’s a good cheat.  If you have to cheat on something, this is the thing to do it on.”

Maybe that last paragraph was all that was worth reading-- seriously?!?-- but this is where life is today.  I can do this the hard way-- all by myself-- or the easy way-- with Him.  God knows about it all and as I ask Him, He will show me what the non-negotiables are for me.  I trust Him for the space I need, the time I need and the order I need.  He is faithful.  

A few hours later.....  my friends picked me up for the funeral and I grabbed the backseat quickly imagining me just sitting back listening to them and possibly commenting every few minutes..... fat chance.  It turned into a backseat counseling session.  I think I talked the entire way there and back.  ?????????  Oh, these sweet friends love me-- all my mess I shared today.

I am practicing gratitude as the day goes on and depending on Him to give me what I need.  He knows better than I do.

And now for that food I might possibly cook...

Comments

Popular Posts